IT and digital
Senior Software Engineer (Python & DevOps)
Imagine a future where you develop platform solutions enabling the use of data in an innovative and fast-growing cloud-based data platform team
Join us in this role where you’ll develop our modern cloud-based data platform, Ørsted Data Ecosystem, which collects data from all business units and make it available to analysts and data scientists. Our team grows at a fast pace and you’ll have a high degree of influence on the direction of this growth.
Welcome to BP Platforms & ITPO
You’ll be part of Ørsted Data Ecosystem (ØDE) team where you, together with your colleagues, will develop and maintain the common infrastructure, libraries, and tooling of the platform, ensuring that the platform enables the work of data engineers and data scientists. Our team consists of a software engineers, data managers and advanced analytics architects with various national backgrounds. In this role, you’ll support all the ARTs and work with different time zones: KL and DK.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and continuously improving shared Python libraries and other tooling to support data engineers and data scientists
- ensuring that the data lake platform is secure, stable, and scalable
- ensuring the best possible balance between cost and performance of the data lake platform
- continuously improving, monitoring, maintaining, and extending the individual elements of the data lake platform infrastructure on premise and in the cloud - e.g., Apache NiFi installations, Databricks workspaces
- participating in PoCs and evaluating new tools and technologies.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are highly experienced in Python software development
- are very experienced with Cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure
- are very well-acquainted with tools and container technologies, such as Kubernetes and Docker
- are very experienced with CI/CD automation and DevOps solutions
- are familiar with IT disciplines incl. Agile, Scrum, and SAFe
- speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31-12-2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Alysha (Noor Alysha) Aizai Azan, Talent Acquisition Consultant, on if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.