Operations and technicians
Imagine a future where you’ll support our green energy transformation by managing operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of transmission assets
Join us in this role where you’ll be our Transmission Specialist supporting our Northeast program of offshore wind farms. You’ll be responsible for commissioning, maintaining, operating, and trouble-shooting high and low voltage equipment in a safe and controlled manner while providing safety guidance for all working parties in accordance with Ørsted Electrical Safety Rules.
Welcome to North America Operations
You’ll be part of our HV and Transmission System team where you, together with your colleagues, will service, maintain, and repair the HV equipment throughout the region. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic, and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential. The role will be based both onshore and offshore, and you’ll report into the High-voltage (HV) and Transmission System team.
You’ll play an important role in:
- providing safety for both planned and unplanned work on the high voltage network
- overseeing all low-, medium- and high-voltage electrical operational activities to ensure safety, security, and integrity of the HV network
- participating in the coordination of inter-system operation, testing and associated safety procedures
- advising operationally on high-voltage electrical installations to WTG, offshore substations, and both HV sub-marine and onshore cables
- undertaking maintenance of the high voltage equipment in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions
- leading contractors and working parties working on transmission assets.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have 5+ years of electrical working and maintenance experience as a Qualified Person operating under company high-voltage safety rules
- will need to become a Qualified Person (Authorized Person) under the Ørsted Electrical Safety Rules - support and training will be provided to gain this internal accreditation in the first year of employment
- have experience working at transmission and distribution voltage levels and with high voltage switching
- have the ability to clear the medical checks and safety training programs as required by Global Wind Organisation (GWO) standards
- have a valid US driver’s license
- will be able to work a shift-pattern, sometimes spending up to 7 days offshore on a Service Operation Vessel (SOV) at a time.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than June 25, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, , on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.