Operations and technicians
Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) Technician
Imagine a future where you become part of a team ensuring the highest safety standards and performance excellence on our offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for maintaining and repairing our wind turbines. You’ll contribute positively to our safety culture and work with our engineering specialists to enhance our wind farm performance.
Welcome to Changhua 1 & 2a
You’ll be part of Global Operations where you together with your colleagues, will report to the Operations Manager, trained by professionals in the industry, exposed to the latest technologies in offshore wind and experience a unique work and lifestyle. During the EPC construction phase, you’ll be required to work out of our Taichung office, and once the wind farm/WTGs become operational, you’ll be expected to live and work on an SOV out of the Taichung port.
You’ll play an important role in:
- working with the highest regard for safety and driving a positive safety culture with your actions
- being responsible for the condition of own safety equipment, life jacket, helmet, full-body harness, etc., to ensure that the supplied equipment is always ready to use
- participating in and conducting relevant training related to safety, technique, company policies, etc., through e-learning, classroom training, or on-the-job training
- utilizing software systems to accurately record all elements of your daily work, including hours worked, spare parts used, and making technical work order reports
- participating in scheduled maintenance, unscheduled maintenance, and fault-finding on wind turbines.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a mechanical/electrical educational background or a relevant industry background
- are able to speak and write English and Mandarin fluently (TOEIC 250+ is an advantage)
- are a team player and can develop good relationships with your colleagues and external business partners
- are willing to live and work in shift patterns on an SOV (service operation vessel).
- have experience with service, repair, and maintenance of mechanical or electrical machinery and/or power generation assets
- preferably have experience working with WTG maintenance, troubleshooting, and modification, however this is not a requirement.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2023-04-30. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact talentacquisitionTW@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and, in this position, you’ll be working in an office-based set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.