Engineering and construction
Offshore Substation Electrical Engineering Manager
Imagine a future where you contribute with your project management and technical expertise to develop and execute offshore substation projects in the renewable industry
Join us in this role where you’ll participate in projects on the client side, defining requirements and ensuring that Ørsted suppliers meet them.
Welcome to Offshore Electrical Engineering Management
You’ll be part of Offshore Electrical Engineering Management team where you, together with your colleagues, will be assigned as Electrical Engineering Manager to an offshore substation project. On the project, you’ll manage a team of four-six project engineers, responsible for LV, HV/Protection, SCADA, and mechanical scope, ensuring deliverables from the team e.g., preparation of employer's requirements and other contractual documentation, as well as the timely review of the design drawings, as built documentation, and Operation & Maintenance (O&M) manuals prepared by suppliers.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing a team of four-six project engineers, responsible for LV, HV/Protection, SCADA, and mechanical scope
- ensuring timely deliverables from the team
- reporting to the package manager
- leading technical discussions related to the scope with suppliers
- managing multiple internal and external stakeholders and aligning interfaces related to the scope.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have extensive technical project management experience and are equally interested in solving project management and technical tasks
- thrive in an international working environment and are flexible regarding travel
- have excellent leadership skills and experience in leading a team of project engineers
- hold a master’s or bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- have excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 26 June 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Oleg Gavryushenko, Head of Offshore Electrical Engineering Management, on (Denmark +45) 99557340, after he returns from Korea on 19th May, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and, in this position, you’ll be working in an office-based set-up.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll need to attend project meetings at the different locations globally. The number of trips and destinations will depend on a specific project, but, in general, you should expect 30 travelling days a year.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.
r the screening questions relevant for your country.