Strategy and business development
Project Development Manager
Imagine a future where you identify and mature wind, solar, and storage development assets by overseeing project teams and schedules
Join us in this role where you’ll play a leading part in the development of wind, solar, and storage projects and manage a cross-functional team to achieve project success.
Welcome to Onshore Project Development
You’ll be part of our Project Development team where you, together with your colleagues, will identify and mature wind, solar, and storage projects in the western and central US. You’ll be an integral part of a diverse team of competent and committed colleagues who’ll support you along the way with collaboration and knowledge sharing to bring projects to successful conclusions.
You’ll play an important role in:
- identifying development prospects, incl. market assessments, initial site reconnaissance, and fatal flaw identification
- establishing and managing relationships with stakeholders, incl. elected officials, regulators, utilities, RTOs, and community leaders, to support project development
- creating, managing, controlling, and evaluating development projects, schedules, and budgets from site identification to COD
- coordinating with internal resources, such as the Legal, Engineering, Construction, Finance, and Energy Assessment teams, to drive projects forward
- conducting development review of project contracts, incl. real estate, tax abatement, EPC/BOP, PPA, GIA, and other binding agreements.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have strong communication skills and the ability to inspire and influence people
- hold a BA or BSc degree from an accredited college program
- possess 3+ years’ progressively responsible project management experience, preferably in the power industry
- have strong computer skills incl. Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, mapping, and project-scheduling software
- have strong organizational, networking, leadership, and time management skills.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-08-15. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (home and office-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.