Engineering and construction
Director, Operations Engineering
Imagine a future where you're leading a high-performing, solution-oriented team supporting a diverse portfolio of wind, solar, and energy storage assets
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for leading, scaling, and developing the Americas Onshore Operations Engineering team, which provides technical and engineering support during the operations phase of onshore wind, solar, and energy storage projects.
Welcome to Americas Onshore Asset Management
You’ll be part of Americas Onshore Engineering where you, together with your colleagues, will work to solve technical challenges, apply lessons learned, and work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders. As a team, we value diversity and support the growth of our team by offering learning and development opportunities.
You’ll play an important role in:
- establishing and maintaining processes, standards, and tools to oversee and remedy technical and engineering issues, both proactively and reactively, for Americas Onshore operating portfolio
- developing and executing Americas Onshore Operations Engineering execution strategy at the portfolio level
- overseeing processes to effectively manage OEMs, third party engineering consultants, and other contractors, incl. detailed technical issue tracking, causal analysis oversight, and performance criteria
- evaluating engineering quality and safety risks faced by the organization and developing mitigation plans to address
- developing technical expertise of the Operations Engineering team through mentorship, best practices, shared lessons learned, and feedback throughout the project lifecycle
- acting as key advisor to strategic and tactical decisions on technology, operational excellence, and contract negotiation.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have extensive experience in renewable energy and/or other relevant industry
- hold a bachelor’s or technical degree in engineering or related discipline
- have substantial experience managing teams
- have experience working on cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
- demonstrate strong communication skills and ability to influence.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than February 17, 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Operations Team, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.