Operations and technicians
Technical Site Supervisor - SCADA
Imagine a future where you have a direct influence on the reliability and security of our offshore wind farms equipment
Join us in this role where you’ll work within the Technical Site Support (TSS) team utilizing technical expertise and engineering methods to increase reliability of fleet assets, thus reducing plant downtime. You’ll work with a wide variety of control systems, analyzing processes and making improvements, as well as gaining experience in other systems which are critical for wind farm operations. As part of the Technical Site Support team, you’ll raise the standards for Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and will be given significant opportunities to expand your knowledge in the area.
Welcome to Americas Hub Operations
You’ll be part of Technical Site Support where you, together with your colleagues, will work together to solve complex and basic engineering problems experienced by the portfolio of assets under operation in the Group. Your job will be to provide practical and efficient solutions to these problems using the tools available. You’ll liaise with multiple functions across the business to maintain effective processes and communication across multiple sites and work regions. Within the role, you’ll be responsible for analyzing and optimizing our SCADA, communication, and support systems. As a team, we maximize asset uptime by continuous learning and collaboration with our global colleagues as well as external experts.
You’ll play an important role in:
- driving operational excellence through watertight cybersecurity for all our offshore wind sites by proactively addressing immediate and long-term issues and opportunities, maintaining integrity all th
- supporting the organization in implementing new wind farm SCADA integration, configuration and site test and complex functionality, often in collaboration with external suppliers in on- and off-shore
- producing criticality analysis reports to include QHSE and compliance and implement additional controls to reduce site risks.
- reviewing system processes and optimizing control systems
- maintaining the integrity of the SCADA site and control systems
- troubleshooting onshore and offshore installations when needed.
To succeed in the role, you:
- demonstrate strong SCADA, OT, and IT knowledge, have a curious mindset, and have an innovative approach to problem solving with at least two years’ experience from a related role
- are passionate about physical and online security and proactively intervene to make our workplaces hazard free
- are competent in analyzing system processes and the control of them
- possess good communication skills that allow you to achieve results in teams with many stakeholders
- enjoy working on complex, challenging, and often ambiguous tasks
- can work in an organized way in changing environments.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than April 20, 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, , on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some traveling in relation to your work, as you’ll visit offshore wind farms and travel to vendors. Internal meetings in the USA and overseas in Europe are to be expected. Travel is expected to be up to 25%.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.