IT and digital
Senior Data Engineer
Imagine a future where you’re a green energy evangelist, enabling the design and construction of wind farms through innovative data ingestion products
Join us in this role where you’ll get the opportunity to architect and build end-to-end data engineering solutions that provide the foundation for cloud-based analytics across the company. We’re committed to delivering on our organisation’s digital strategy and creating a strong platform for analytics, model management, machine learning, etc. – all built on cloud technologies. We test and learn as we go and our ambition is to power and connect a workplace where everyone can thrive, perform, and grow.
Welcome to Ørsted IT
You’ll be part of the Data Platform Competence Centre where you, together with your colleagues, will work on developing the Group’s data backbone, and where you’ll inspire and advise stakeholders on how to enable data. You’ll be a part of a team where you’re respected for who you are, appreciated for what you contribute, rewarded equally for what you achieve, while maintaining a sustainable work life. As a team, we enjoy working in a highly flexible and inclusive manner and we hire talents from a diverse variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger.
You’ll play an important role in:
- writing production-grade, peer-reviewed Python and SQL code with automated tests
- building, evolving, and maintaining the ingestion pipelines to the Ørsted Data Ecosystem
- ensuring that data is made available in a way that is optimised for security, stability, and performance
- collaborating with the business data scientist community to find ways to optimise data packaging and structuring to enable reuse and support of common business scenarios
- maintaining the existing production pipelines and troubleshooting issues, such as software bugs and problems related to data quality, to ensure the continuous stability of the data flows
- setting up monitoring and orchestration of data pipelines.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have substantial development and data ingestion experience using Python and SQL
- have experience working with Spark/PySpark or NiFi
- are familiar with cloud platforms and container technology, such as Kubernetes and Docker
- have an experimental mindset and appreciate learning new things
- are curious and engaged with a passion for making a difference through data.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 May 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Partner, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.