Finance and controlling
ESG Process Owner
Imagine a future where you’re part of a team, developing and delivering world-leading ESG reporting
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of a small team working with operational ESG (Environment, Social & Governance) accounting and controlling processes. We consider it our mission to work towards creating world-leading ESG reporting solutions to meet the EU’s sustainable finance initiative and other relevant international ESG reporting frameworks. Your work will be focused on transitioning and improving our global ESG accounting and controlling processes. You’ll also have extensive collaboration with many areas and teams in our organisation.
Welcome to Financial Accounting & Controlling
You’ll be part of ESG Accounting & Controlling where you, together with your colleagues, will take care of our global ESG data collection, reporting, and controlling. You’ll be joining a new team of approx. five people within the Financial Accounting & Controlling (FAC) team. We work together to anchor the ESG processes into our financial mindset in FAC to ensure strong and best-in-class processes while being capable of meeting the continuously evolving stakeholder requirements for ESG reporting. This will be done in collaboration with the ESG Reporting & Accounting Excellence team that drives the the Ørsted ESG policy setting and external reporting and will be a close collaboration partner. FAC forms part of a wider shared services function within Ørsted: Ørsted Business Services, where FAC is responsible for the record-to-report processes for both Financial and ESG reporting.
. You’ll play an important role in:
- ensuring the planning and transition of ESG processes from the ESG Reporting & Accounting excellence team and many other business stakeholders
- constructively challenging, improving, and building the end-to-end processes within the ESG Accounting & Controlling area, with the express purpose of improving delivery, quality, and efficiency
- developing our ESG processes, controlling framework, documentation, and ESG data quality to meet external audit requirements
- ensuring the creation and maintenance of documentation of process governance, i.e., process maps, policies, and principles
- monitoring and owning post-implementation activities, ensuring that the management of the implemented setup is in accordance with agreed governance and is assessed on a continuous basis, so the setup suits the needs of the business.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree within a relevant area, e.g., Finance, Auditing, or ESG-related sciences
- have experience from working in a global company and have worked with identifying, analysing, and improving processes to optimise performance, meet best practice standards, or simply improve quality of the processes
- have a good business understanding and a proven track record in communicating complex matters in an understandable language. We expect you to thrive in an environment with multiple stakeholders, take ownership, stay the course, handle pressure well, and work through resistance to get things done
- have a strong interest in working with ESG accounting and controlling; it is an advantage if you have experience from working with relevant ESG reporting guidelines, standards, and reporting schemes
- have a structured approach to solving the task at hand while being able to keep overall view of the current condition and can set direction for the future
- are able to communicate fluently in both written and oral English.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 03 April 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Marlene Franke Mozer, Head of Accounting & Controlling, on (Denmark +45) 23462946, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.