Engineering and construction
Senior Integrity Specialist for offshore Cables
Imagine a future where you're responsible for the integrity of the high voltage cables in operation on the world’s biggest offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll be our High Voltage cable Senior Integrity Specialist with focus on the integrity of the HV cable systems within array and export cables. You’ll join the Asset Integrity Management team, who plays a key role in the maintenance of the systems globally and be part of the team executing the global maintenance strategies. You’ll be focused on setting up contingency plans and driving failure analysis, incl. necessary improvements, and also driving general O&M improvements across our fleet.
Welcome to Asset Integrity Management – Global Operations
You’ll be part of our Cables team where you, together with your colleagues, will drive integrity cases and recommend optimal solutions to ensure that the assets can be operated safely with the optimal business case throughout the lifecycle. Our team collaborates closely with many stakeholders, e.g., our joint venture partners, the sites, the regions, Warranty Management, Procurement, the original equipment manufacturers, and many specialist and project managers in our Engineering and Construction teams. As a team, we value sharing knowledge and experiences across the team. By learning together, and from each other, we improve the integrity and improve our global maintenance strategies.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing technical integrity issues and projects related to the HV AC and HV DC cable asset, and participating in warranty cases or major failure events as a senior technical expert
- providing technical specialist knowledge to our site teams globally
- performing failure mode analysis using Six Sigma tools, such as the DMAIC
- expanding the teams’ competences of HV cable systems within Operations & Maintenance and supporting setting up efficient contingency plan across our regions.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an engineering degree within, e.g., offshore wind, system engineering, or similar relevant degree
- have experience from the offshore wind industry within HV AC and HV DC cable asset, and preferably experience from working at site, construction of sites, or O&M
- are self-driven, result-oriented, and have a systematic approach to your work tasks
- have excellent communication skills in English, enabling you to convey complex issues in a simple yet precise manner.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 16 June 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Michael Pedersen, Head of Blades and Foundation, on (Denmark +45) 99558588 on Mondays and Fridays between 15:00-16:00 GMT, if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.