Strategy and business development
Business Graduate for UK Commercial
Step into a career where you work for the leader in offshore wind, helping to drive the commercial performance of the UK’s largest offshore wind portfolio
The Ørsted Global Graduate Programme is designed to unleash your potential and give you the unique opportunity of a fast-tracked career in Ørsted. We offer you an intense two-year developmental journey where you’ll learn from experts within your field and get international project experience, tools to drive innovation, and a strong cross-functional network with other talents.
The Graduate journey
Our Graduate Programme consists of two-three rotations, where you’ll solve business challenges, take responsibility for your own assignments, and engage in our day-to-day business decisions.
You’ll be part of UK Commercial that includes our Asset Management, OMA Business Management, and Revenue Management businesses in the UK alongside two global centres of excellence. In this dynamic role, you’ll be exposed to a range of commercial business units that are critical for safely maximising the performance of our operational offshore wind farms and achieving the ambitious operational and financial targets we set together with our co-owners. You’ll help us maximise the lifetime value of our assets by realising value enhancement opportunities and mitigating threats to the business case. Together, we’ll also deliver world class joint-venture and operator services, be a trusted partner for our co-owners, and drive safety on our operating assets by always putting people before production. The rotations that you'll undertake will be tailored to the needs of the business and your interests.
You’ll play an important role in:
- optimising the profitability and value of our operational assets (EBITDA and NPV) by identifying and managing business case risks, both threats and opportunities
- representing our joint venture, operator, and revenue management services businesses towards a variety of external and internal customers
- collaborating with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, incl. colleagues in finance, operations, engineering, and trading, as well as co-owners and regulators
- leading on the development of materials for progress and decision meetings and status reporting towards internal and external senior managers and decision makers
- promoting a strong safety culture and acting as a role model internally and externally.
To succeed in this role, you:
- hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a commercial-related field or in economics, science, law, or similar from before 1 September 2024
- have strong communication and interpersonal skills that will help you work efficiently and effectively with a range of different stakeholders
- are curious and a fast learner, with a strong interest in understanding the commercial, operational and technical aspects of an operational offshore wind farm
- thrive on tackling and solving problems and have the ability to persevere when faced with unforeseen challenges
- have a passion for learning and a commitment to developing yourself and your career
- have a strong desire to create a world that runs entirely on green energy and a keen interest in the offshore wind industry.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
The best first step you’ll ever take
Send your CV, most recent grade transcripts, and answer the screening questions as soon as possible and no later than [[applicationDeadline]].
Please don’t hesitate to write to email@example.com if you have any questions. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Step closer to career as a graduate in Ørsted
In Ørsted, we help accelerate your talent into an international career within your professional field. See our Global Graduate Programme overview, read more about the recruitment process, and find out how you can help us turn visions into reality.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll visit our operating sites most quarters and travel occasionally to our HQ in Copenhagen, Denmark if you’re not working from the Gentofte office.