Engineering & Science – Wind Power
Senior Power System Engineer
Imagine a future where you’re responsible for the electrical design of the biggest offshore wind farms in the world
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for designing the electrical infrastructure of our offshore wind farms and for ensuring grid code compliance in an exciting and fast-growing industry.
Welcome to Electrical System Design and Grid Integration
You’ll be part of our team of more than 30 highly skilled engineers working in five countries to ensure electrical integration of our offshore wind farms into an increasing number of markets across the globe.
You’ll play an important role in
- designing and developing concepts for the overall electrical power transmission system from the onshore substation to the wind turbine generator
- keeping track of risks and problems and communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- performing power system studies on the wind farm, including power flow, voltage control, dynamic analysis, fault ride through, stability, and harmonic studies
- handling project tasks such as optimisation and cost benefit analyses, support of decision processes, work planning to meet critical milestones, procurement support, and documenting the technical solutions and analyses
- participating in relevant project meetings and cooperating with other team members on shared issues.
To succeed in the role, you’ll have
- at minimum a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- experience with electrical system design and analysis using simulation tools like PowerFactory, PSS/E, and PSCAD
- a mindset that makes you flexible, adaptive, and comfortable with uncertainty in a fast-changing environment, whilst maintaining a proactive, result-oriented, and systematic approach to your work tasks
- excellent communication skills in English, enabling you to convey complex issues in a simple yet precise manner as well as presenting results in a professional way
- the ability to thrive in an international environment and to create good relationships with your stakeholders.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 26 October 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Sune Grønskov, Manager of Grid Connections Europe and APAC, by telephone on +45 99 55 49 21 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages. .