IT- System development & Programming
Senior Platform Engineer to evolve our data lake
Are you an experienced developer and data enthusiast who’s passionate about developing platform solutions that enable the use of data?
Join us and become Senior Platform Engineer in Architecture, Data & Technology, Global Delivery Center, Malaysia where you’ll be a central part of our team evolving, developing and maintaining the common infrastructure, libraries and tooling of the Ørsted Data Lake. The Ørsted Data Lake is a modern cloud-based data platform collecting data from all business units and making it available to analysts and data scientists.
Your key tasks will be to
- develop and continuously improve shared Python libraries and other tooling to support data engineers and data scientists
- ensure that the data lake platform is secure, stable and scalable
- ensure the best possible balance between cost and performance of the data lake platform
- continuously improve, monitor, maintain and extend the individual elements of the data lake platform infrastructure on premise and in the cloud (e.g. Apache NiFi installations, Databricks workspaces, workflow orchestration systems, cloud storage, queues and data bases)
- participate in PoCs and evaluate new tools and technologies.
Furthermore, you’ll investigate automated alerts and incidents reported by data engineers and data scientists as well as collaborate with architects, data managers, data engineers and data scientists to set guidelines and standards for the data lake platform.
Your competences include that you
- are very experienced with software development in Python
- are very experienced with DevOps, unit testing and CI/CD (e.g. using Azure DevOps)
- are experienced with SQL, RESTful APIs, common database technologies and C#, Java or similar
- are experienced with version control (e.g. Git)
- are experienced with one or more of the following: Spark, Databricks, Apache NiFi, data engineering, ETL, workflow management systems, streaming and/or configuration tools.
You’re a team player, willing to learn new technologies and methods and happy to drive progress, and you can engage and motivate team members around you while delivering high-quality solutions. You speak and write English fluently and are familiar with IT disciplines like Agile, Scrum and SAFe.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 30 September 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Thim Ng, Manager at Ørsted, Malaysia, by telephone on +603-9212 4256 or +45 66 80 55 80 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.