Engineering & Science – Geology & Geophysics
Imagine a future where you’ll take part in developing new offshore wind farm projects by supporting Site Investigations and Geophysical Assessments
Join us in this role where you’ll have the chance to influence decisions and handle tasks on your own by contributing with your knowledge and expertise. You’ll be part of a large group of committed geophysicists, geologists, data engineers, petrophysicists, hydrographic surveyors, scour engineers, and project managers. In Site Investigations we strive for a high degree of professionalism when planning and conducting our surveys, interpretations, and engineering work.
Welcome to Site Investigations
You’ll be part of the Geophysical Assessments team where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure data is being received, quality assured, stored, and interpreted before assessments deliverables are shared with internal and external stakeholders. Within the Geophysical Assessments department, you’ll be working closely together with our data engineers, geophysicists, and petrophysicists.
You’ll play an important role in:
- supporting internal IT, software, and data management, including delivering data to internal and external stakeholders
- assessing geophysical data from offshore wind farm sites and export cable routes during project development
- conducting data quality assurance
- integrating and preparing different geophysical data sets (e.g. UHRS, SBP, MBES, and SSS data) in future global reference projects
- supporting alignment of data standards and clean-up of legacy projects.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are currently undertaking a relevant degree within Earth sciences
- speak and write English fluently and have excellent communication skills, enabling you to convey messages to your stakeholders smoothly and efficiently
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- have some interest in solving IT-related challenges
- potentially have some experience with geophysical methods related to site investigation.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 23 October 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Knud Ho Karkov, Team Lead, Geophysical Assessments, by telephone on +45 99 55 91 78 if you’d like to know more about the position.