Engineering & Science – Electricity & Electro technology
34-66KV High Voltage (HV) Specialist
Imagine a future where you're a frontrunner in the green energy transformation where we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future
Join us in this role where you’ll become an HV Specialist supporting our offshore wind farms in the UK West Region, and where you’ll be responsible for undertaking all manner of maintenance activities on our HV assets.
Welcome to Regional Support
You’ll be part of the HV team where you, together with your colleagues, will service, maintain, and repair the HV equipment throughout the West Coast Region. The role will be based both onshore and offshore and you’ll report to the WOW03 Operations Manager.
You’ll play an important role in:
- providing safety for both planned and unplanned works on the high-voltage network
- training Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) authorised persons to prepare them for authorisation in single-end feed high-voltage switching for planned works
- creating and following high-voltage switching schedules and preparing, issuing, and cancelling safety documents
- handling communication and technical support for the wider organisation’s management
- working on OFTO HV assets at varying voltage levels.
To succeed in the role, you:
- preferably, but not necessarily, have previous authorisation as a High Voltage Authorised Person (AP).
- have demonstrable electro-mechanical competences, including performing testing and detailed analyses on electrical systems and substation equipment to diagnose faults
- are qualified in an electrical or engineering discipline and have a demonstrable safety focus with faultless safety behaviour
- preferably have an IOSH General Certificate or higher
- possess knowledge of maintenance management and process control systems.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 23 October 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Benjamin Smith, Regional HV Manager, HV & Transmission Operations, by telephone on +44 7917 046331 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll travel between locations within the West region and work in an offshore environment.