IT- Infrastructure, Operation and Support
IT Support Consultant
Would you like to support our IT users in a dynamic working environment?
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for conducting incident management, first and second-line IT onsite support, and asset management regarding IT user equipment.
Welcome to Digital Device Services
You’ll be part of the Digital Device Services team where you, together with your colleagues, deliver support in 12 countries. Each country is supported by a primary support team, but as a global team, we have a lot of virtual cooperation as well as competence and team meetings with all members. The team members have a functional manager located in Denmark and a local staff manager located in The Hague.
You’ll play an important role in:
- helping our employees with primarily on-site support for their different HW and lighter SW support needs
- providing walk-in support for our employees at their workplace (both Dutch and international users)
- preparing IT equipment for new employees
- managing relocation and establishment of new offices
- solving first and second-level incidents and service requests from our service management systems
- securing a high level of user satisfaction through customer orientation and a service mindset.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an IT-technical education at MBO level, e.g. as IT supporter, data technician, or similar
- are technically minded and used to providing technical support regarding PCs, mobile phones, and iPads (iOS)
- have knowledge of and experience with installing laptops by using SCCM, MS Office 365, Windows 10, and VPN
- are robust and can work independently, as it’s part of your job to support users in our Dutch locations on your own
- speak and write Dutch and English at business level
- possess good communication skills and are able to explain complex technical issues in an easily understandable way.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 29 November 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Patrice Postuma, P&D the Netherlands, by telephone on +31 6 15320160 for questions on the process. If you’d like to know more about the position itself, you can contact Per T. Larsen, Manager, Digital Device Services, by telephone on +45 99 55 67 24.
Please note that you’re expected to do regular travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll travel weekly within the Netherlands between The Hague and Vlissingen and possibly, in two years from now, to an additional location. In addition, you’ll occasionally travel to Germany, Belgium, and Denmark.
Please note that we’re flexible regarding weekly working hours, which can be arranged to be between 30 to 40 hours.
We’ll start with a one-year contract which may become a permanent contract based on good performance.