Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Senior Legal Counsel
Join us in this role where you’ll handle legal matters associated with the entire lifecycle of offshore wind farms. Based in Tokyo, Japan, your main focus will be on the Japanese market, but may also include other Asia-Pacific markets, including Korea and Vietnam.
Welcome to Group Legal
You’ll be part of the Legal Region APAC team where you, together with your colleagues, will handle a variety of tasks, address novel issues in a fast-paced and cooperative setting, and form an integral part of the company’s broader project development efforts.
You’ll play an important role in:
- advising on regulatory regimes for offshore wind energy project development, construction, and operations
- providing legal input for offshore wind bid submissions and support in regulatory approval proceedings
- advising on and implementing joint venture agreements
- providing legal support in permitting and consent proceedings
- participating in the negotiation of commercial agreements (e.g. revenue, real estate, crossing, procurement, and other relevant contracts).
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an LLB and/or LLM from an accredited law school
- have been admitted to the Japanese bar (additional jurisdiction(s) being a plus) for five years or more
- have substantial experience as a practicing lawyer, preferably with major law firm experience and/or government secondment experience
- have business-level proficiency in English (additional languages such as Korean and Mandarin being a plus)
- have the ability to work independently and quickly on a broad range of issues, with infrastructure-related experience being a plus
- possess outstanding written and oral communication skills.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.