Engineering and construction
Senior Mechanical Engineer for Offshore Substations
Imagine a future where you’ll play a key role in solving technical challenges and optimising mechanical systems designs in our offshore / onshore substations
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the design of mechanical HVAC & fire safety systems on onshore / offshore substations during all phases from concept to commissioning. You’ll also have a wide range of learning possibilities within a rapidly developing and globally expanding industry, supporting your life-long technical and personal development.
Welcome to Electrical & Mechanical Substations Design
You’ll be part of Mechanical Engineering where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for LV and mechanical design, integration management, and the commissioning management of electrical and mechanical installations.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being responsible for the design of mechanical, HVAC, and fire safety systems on onshore / offshore substations during all phases from concept to commissioning
- preparing technical specifications, design basis, lists, and calculations for mechanical, HVAC and fire safety components for both onshore and offshore substations
- ensuring that the deliverables from engineering, fabrication, and principal contractors are of the right quality according to requirements
- participating in FAT/SAT of mechanical, HVAC and fire safety systems on onshore and offshore substations
- participating in project team meetings and cross-disciplinary cooperation and supporting supervision and commissioning activities as well as handover to Operation & Maintenance.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a relevant degree in mechanical or marine engineering and are interested in working with mechanical / HVAC / fire safety design for onshore/offshore substations
- have extensive relevant technical design experience within mechanical / HVAC / fire and safety design in offshore substations or offshore oil and gas projects
- have hands-on experience with P&IDs, design calculations, equipment sizing and specifications within mechanical discipline
- have a strong analytical and systematic approach, enabling you to handle a range of complex tasks quickly.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 12 May 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Senthil Gnanasambandan, Senior Manager, on +4599557350 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.