Finance and controlling
Project Controller/Senior Project Controller
Imagine a future where you join one of the leading energy companies in Europe and manage budgeting and controlling tasks on asset projects in the development and/or execution phase
Join us in this role where you’ll work in a fast-growth, agile team located in Tokyo, Japan, focusing on cost management and cost analysis of our offshore wind farms in the development and execution phase.
Welcome to APAC Project Controlling
You’ll be part of Ørsted Business Finance where you, together with your colleagues, will provide financial stewardship on both DEVEX and CAPEX in our growing pipeline of large development and execution projects. The team is responsible for supporting the asset projects in APAC by driving financial transparency, creating solid budget baselines, and providing insightful reporting. You’ll be working closely with multiple project stakeholders in Japan, the local finance team in APAC, and the Global Project Controlling department.
You’ll play an important role in:
- proactively supporting project managers in their cost management and finance tasks and ensuring close coordination with APAC finance functions and shared global functions in Europe
- ensuring that cost management and finance is on the agenda in an engineering context
- explaining ‘the story behind the numbers’, i.e. being able to link numbers to project/business trends
- creating budgets for the development phase and/or execution phase of large asset projects
- performing monthly closures and project reports.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant subject, e.g. business or finance
- have some prior experience with project controlling and experience with budgeting and accounting
- have experience with SAP or similar ERP systems
- have good communication skills, are a skilled user of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, and enjoy working in a cross-organisational team with team members with technical backgrounds
- are a proactive, adaptive, and can-do person and have a structured and result-driven approach to problem-solving.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2021/10/31. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations APAC, , on talentacquisitionAP@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.