Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Environmental Compliance Manager
Imagine a future where you’re part of the permitting team for an offshore wind energy project on the east coast of the United States
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for developing, implementing, and leading the environmental and permit compliance program for construction, operation, and ultimately decommissioning for an offshore wind farm. You’ll work with colleagues in the United States and Europe, specialist consultants, and in consultation with regulatory authorities and stakeholders.
Welcome to US Permitting
You’ll be part of US Permitting where you, together with your colleagues, will lead environmental and permitting compliance during project planning, construction, and operational phases of the project. You'll develop and implement the environmental and permit compliance program for the project in coordination with the permit team, our joint venture partner, and construction or package managers.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and implementing of the Compliance Management System (CMS), regulatory compliance database, and associated package-specific compliance tools, as well as supporting the compliance audit program
- tracking permit conditions for projects as approvals are obtained from regulatory agencies while assisting package managers, site managers, and contractor crews in implementation of conditions
- training and directing environmental compliance contractors and consultants, environmental inspectors, third-party environmental monitors, and associated compliance field personnel during construction activities
- managing compliance monitoring, recordkeeping, and reporting obligations to local, state, and federal agencies
- creating, executing, and managing relevant compliance plans or procedures as required per regulatory authorizations and permits
- collecting and managing QA/QC compliance data during construction as required for agency reporting and internal tracking, as well as supporting corporate environmental, health, and safety initiatives.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a degree in environmental studies or science, engineering, or related field from an accredited program or relevant professional experience e.g., from the wind industry, large scale infrastructure projects, offshore construction
- have min. 5 years of experience in environmental compliance and auditing, preferably in the offshore construction industry
- possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills where particular experience with compliance management software systems and tracking or reporting tools is desired
- are experienced with NYS Article VII, BOEM, NOAA or NMFS, USACE, and EPA emission regulations and relationships with key regulators
- can collaborate and communicate effectively with inter-disciplinary teams, incl. the health, safety and construction teams
- are able to adapt and work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment within tight deadlines.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than October 31, 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.