Strategy and business development
Imagine a future where you play a key role in making onshore wind, solar, and storage transactions a reality in the UK
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for sourcing, managing, and closing onshore wind, solar, and storage M&A transactions in the UK, ranging from single-asset purchase agreements to pipeline and platform acquisitions. You’ll take your skills to the next level, whether through executing commercial transactions and managing growth strategies, or originating business development opportunities with partners and customers.
Welcome to Commercial Development
You’ll be part of Onshore UK & Ireland Commercial Team where you, together with your five other colleagues based in the Cork office, will collaborate across our other teams leading Development, Delivery, Finance, Legal, and Origination and Trading.
You’ll play an important role in:
- collaborating with our Onshore leadership to execute an M&A strategy in the UK market, including annual growth targets and budgeting/financial planning
- managing M&A activity of onshore wind, solar, and storage assets including sourcing, initial screening, project and platform diligence, offtake support, and execution of purchase agreements
- managing cross-functional collaboration with various teams within the business, as well as external consultants, for diligence and close acquisition opportunities.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a third-level degree in economics, finance, law, or engineering
- preferably also hold an advanced degree or MBA
- have relevant experience from working in the GB and European power markets
- have a proven track record of structuring, negotiating, and closing transactions and an existing network of relationships in the UK onshore renewables sector
- possess strong analytical skills and financial modelling experience.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment