Engineering and construction
Senior Onshore Cable Installation Project Lead
Imagine a future where you’ll be part of one of our challenging offshore projects and be responsible for the technical input of landfall installations
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for providing technical support associated with the development, engineering, and execution of the landfall installation to facilitate the pull-in of HV export cables connecting our offshore wind farms. You’ll be interacting directly with the contractors, consultants, and a vast suite of internal stakeholders to manage the scope and relevant interfaces.
Welcome to HV Cables
You’ll be part of HVC Execution Management where you, together with your colleagues, will be ensuring the highest quality of both the design, engineering, procurement of services, and execution of the landfall scope in challenging projects and markets. You’ll work with a team of experienced engineers across Europe, the US, and APAC and play a fundamental part in ensuring that the optimal landfall solution is determined and progressed. Together, you’ll ensure alignment with Permitting, Site Investigation, Risk Management, Schedule, Budget, Engineering, and Procurement.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing the design and engineering of all aspects of the landfall, ensuring that it’s in line with international standards and contractual requirements
- leading the interface with other work scopes, both onshore and offshore
- preparing documentation for Permitting with the technical solution, ensuring that the method and design for the landfall scope are both viable and comply with the legal commitments
- leading the technical aspect of the procurement process, ensuring contractor engagement, and considering safety, quality, budget, schedule, etc.
- providing technical expertise to support the project manager in decision-making and its substantiation throughout the lifecycle of the project, incl. development, engineering, and construction.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have demonstrable experience within engineering or delivery of onshore and offshore landfall installations
- are familiar with the principles of trenchless technology, incl. HDD for long length/large diameter/complex installations
- have in-depth knowledge of civils design and operation, incl. direct excavation of trenches within the onshore or offshore environment
- can work on numerous tasks, challenges, and projects simultaneously and independently
- drive collaboration and coordination between various stakeholders to ensure the optimum solution, recognising the constraints on both the landfall scope and those affecting our interface parties
- take responsibility for all technical aspects relating to landfall design, engineering, procurement, and construction to ensure an effective installation of high voltage export cables.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than November 1, 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.