Engineering and construction
Cable specialist for offshore wind farms
Imagine a future where you play a key role in designing and optimising the HV cable connections across all our offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll evaluate the technical quality and compliance of 33-400kV offshore and onshore cable connections, performing calculations within ampacity and induced voltages, etc. You’ll have a wide range of technical responsibilities within a rapidly developing and globally expanding industry supporting your lifelong technical and personal development.
Welcome to High Voltage Cable Specialist
You’ll be part of the HV Cable Specialist department where you, together with your colleagues, will contribute to all projects with specialist knowledge on array and export cable technology, thermal and electrical analysis, etc. The department is part of all offshore projects within the organisation, and we offer a unique opportunity to work with industry leaders within cable technology, optimisation, simulations, and essentially all other aspects of cable design.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing, performing, and supervising thermal, electrical, and mechanical calculations in accordance with latest standards and best practices
- performing ad hoc support on cable-related issues for projects in development, execution, and operation
- ensuring the technical quality across different projects by analysing non-conformities and creating lessons learned in the organisation
- assisting our existing wind farms in securing high availability on all assets
- participating in selected development activities.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in electrical engineering
- have a proactive and systematic approach to the technical tasks across the department
- thrive in an international environment and can create good relationships with your stakeholders
- have an independent mindset and are a strong initiator, with the ability to contribute to challenging issues within a complex matrix organisation
- possess knowledge about HV cables: experience working with HV cables in a former employment is an advantage
- speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 October 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Rasmus Aabye Olsen, Manager, on +4561244380 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the US, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US by email on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.