Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Regulatory Affairs Advisor
Imagine a future where you develop a regulatory framework for offshore wind that helps to create a world that runs entirely on green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for creating regulatory solutions that allow us to develop new projects and help the Netherlands accelerate its offshore wind build-out. Offshore wind combined with renewable hydrogen will become a key driver to reduce carbon emissions. Robust and forward-looking regulatory frameworks are crucial to spur investments in these technologies and the related infrastructure.
Welcome to NL & BE Country Organisation
You’ll be part of the External Affairs team within the NL & BE Country Organisation where you, together with your colleagues, will support our business goals and strategic objectives for offshore wind and renewable hydrogen. The team is responsible for carrying out regulatory analysis and developing policy positions as well as initiating and maintaining key relationships with the government, regulators, trade associations, and media.
You’ll play an important role in:
- monitoring the development of relevant energy policies
- providing analyses and reports on market and policy developments
- developing policy positions and consultation responses in close coordination with colleagues in regulatory affairs and market development
- representing the company in working groups of trade associations
- helping to identify and influence governmental and non-governmental stakeholders
- collaborating with colleagues in other business units to provide market updates and align and develop policy positions.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in economics, political science, law, electrical engineering, or another relevant field, and experience working in the (renewable) energy sector, preferably in a regulatory, consulting, or market development role
- are able to perform independent analytic work to provide clear solutions and policy recommendations
- are a quick learner, have a well-structured way of working, and can run several projects at a time without losing the overview
- can think strategically and proactively identify medium and long-term regulatory priorities that will support our business development
- are a structured and collaborative team player who can prioritise effectively
- have strong communication skills – especially in Dutch and English – and can communicate complex issues clearly to a variety of audiences.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2021-12-12. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Marsha Dewnath, HR Business Partner, on +31621910614 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll take part in external events and be present in our headquarters in Denmark from time to time.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.