Operations and technicians
Wind Turbine Technician
Imagine a future where you unleash your potential, enhancing our wind farm performance
Join us in this role where you’ll become our Wind Turbine Technician in Offshore as part of our expanding team in Wallasey, responsible for maintaining and repairing our wind turbines and other offshore assets. You’ll also contribute positively to our safety culture, and work with our engineering specialists to enhance our wind farm performance.
Welcome to Burbo Bank Operations
You’ll be part of our expanding team working on Burbo Bank with our O&M facility based out of Wallasey. Burbo Bank operates as part of the UK West Region.
You’ll play an important role in:
- working with the highest regard for safety and drive a positive safety culture with your actions
- performing service, troubleshooting, and repair of the wind turbines’ electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical components
- repairing and assembling mechanical structures
- contribute to planning and operational excellence
- utilising software systems to record all elements of your daily work
- preparing and packing spare parts, tools, and other equipment for all elements of maintenance work incl. general cleaning across the site, e.g., turbines and monopiles.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have completed a full apprenticeship in control and instrumentation, mechanical or electrical engineering - formal qualifications such as a BTEC or HNC would be advantageous, but not essential
- meet the physical and medical requirements for working offshore, and can work at heights and in restricted or confined spaces
- are experienced in troubleshooting on mechanical and electrical components
- are prepared to enter a rota system, where your working hours will vary
- are a team player, a calm problem-solver, self-motivated, and able to work independently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 13 December 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact TalentacquisitionUK@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.