Engineering and construction
Senior Power System Engineer
Imagine a future where you conduct the electrical design of the biggest offshore wind farms in the world in an exciting and fast-growing industry
Join us in this role where you’ll design the power system of our offshore wind farms and carry out power system studies to ensure grid code compliance together with bright and passionate colleagues.
Welcome to Electrical System Design and Grid Integration
You’ll be part of a power system designs team where you, together with your colleagues, have a key role in optimising our wind farm designs, while pushing the boundaries of what’s technically possible. The department is highly diverse and comprises more than 50 highly skilled engineers working across six countries to ensure electrical integration of our future offshore wind farms into an increasing number of markets across the globe.
You’ll play an important role in:
- designing and developing concepts for the overall electrical power transmission system from the onshore substation to the wind turbine generator
- performing power system studies on the wind farm, including power flow, voltage control, dynamic analysis, fault ride through, stability and harmonic studies
- participating in relevant project meetings and cooperating with other team members on shared issues
- handling project tasks such as optimisation and cost benefit analyses, support of decision processes, and documenting the technical solutions and analyses.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have completed a degree in electrical engineering
- have experience with power system analysis using simulation tools like PowerFactory and PSCAD
- may have some experience with transmission systems, generation or renewable energy
- have a proactive, result oriented and systematic approach to your work tasks
- speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 July 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Sune Beck Grønskov, Head of APAC Power System Designs, on +4599554921 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.