Engineering and construction
Solar PV Technical Manager
Imagine a future where you support the assessment of new and advancing technologies, while leading and managing multi-disciplinary project teams
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of the Project Delivery team based in either Cork or Edinburgh where you, as part of a growing onshore team, will have an open approach to sharing knowledge, supporting and contributing to all stages of engineering design of utility- scale PV asset developments. You’ll assist in due diligence activities, including providing technical input and review of third-party energy yield assessments. You’ll also help with scoping and selection of technical due diligence consultants for the acquisition of projects.
Welcome to Project Delivery
You’ll be part of Project Delivery where you, together with your colleagues, will participate in the overall strategic direction and planning for the company's solar PV activities in the Ireland and UK markets. You’ll oversee technical deliverables to support project development and commercialisation, including preliminary site design and optimisation, resource assessment and production estimates, construction cost estimates, and early engineering to support permitting and interconnection.
You’ll play an important role in:
- supporting the commercial team in due diligence activities, including co-ordination of technical inputs and preparation of investment committee project proposals prior to acquisition
- undertaking technical due diligence of acquisitions, including critical review of external advisor due diligence reports
- leading and providing technical inputs to feasibility studies, FEED, tender preparation, and construction contract negotiations
- leading and providing technical input during the construction phase, from management of contractors and design review to programme monitoring, etc.
- managing and holding project budget, delivery, and programme responsibility for assigned scope of responsibility, ensuring such scope is delivered on time and within budget.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are ideally an engineer or other technically educated professional conversant in solar PV technologies and market conditions with knowledge of electrical power systems, enabling you to guide technical discussions and make recommendations
- have suitable experience and knowledge of commercially available solar PV technologies, including module and inverter types, structure, tracker manufacturers, and technology selection
- are deeply familiar with interfacing with the energy resource team about solar resource assessment and monitoring
- have experience of industry design and construction standards, practices and specifications, solar PV EPC contracting, and Bi-facial PV projects
- have experience of CAD, programming, and a recognised Project Management qualification, all of which are considered an advantage
- possess professional experience in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment, with proven experience of project or technical management of multiple utility scale PV projects worked on in tandem, either as developer or consultant.