Engineering and construction
Senior Mechanical Engineer (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you unleash your potential, taking up some of the technical challenges related to the design and construction of our substations
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the design, quality assurance, and integration of the mechanical systems into onshore and offshore substations, from the conceptual phase to detailed design and execution. You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in the development of innovative technical solutions and assisting our Operations & Maintenance (O&M) team.
Welcome to Substations Electrical & Commissioning Management
You’ll be part of Electrical & Mechanical Substations Design where you, together with your 16 talented and motivated colleagues, will contribute to the design, sourcing, integration, and execution of the Mechanical scopes within high voltage AC and DC substations, both onshore and offshore. The department has offices in two locations, one in Denmark and one in Malaysia, while other interfacing colleagues are in London, Hamburg, Singapore, the US, and Taiwan, amongst other places.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being responsible for the design of mechanical systems on onshore and offshore substations, incl. HVA/C, fire safety systems, sea water cooling systems, diesel generators, heat exchangers, etc.
- preparing technical specifications, functional requirements, design basis, lists, and calculations for mechanical systems for both onshore and offshore substations
- ensuring that the deliverables from engineering, fabrication, and principal contractors are of the right quality, according to requirements
- participating in the FAT of mechanical systems on onshore and offshore substations
- participating in project team meetings and cross-disciplinary cooperation, whilst supporting supervision and commissioning activities, as well as handover to O&M.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a relevant degree in Mechanical or Marine Engineering, and are interested in working with mechanical systems for onshore and offshore substations
- have extensive relevant technical design experience from offshore substations, incl. both HVAC and HVDC substations, or offshore oil and gas projects
- have a proven track record in troubleshooting and planning the maintenance of mechanical equipment
- have extensive experience with relevant international standards within the wind industry and enjoy working within a matrix organisation
- have fluent English communication skills and an analytical approach to your work.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us in English no later than 31 May 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition Team if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace and, in this position, you’ll be working in an office-based set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.