Strategy and business development
Commercial Manager (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you contribute to the commercial success of some of the largest German offshore wind farms under construction
Join us in this role where you’ll work on highly relevant and complex commercial topics, and where you’ll represent the company towards our Joint Venture partners and partners off-taking the electricity, by ensuring best-in-class commercial and stakeholder management.
Welcome to Continental Europe Commercial & Asset Management
You’ll be part of Portfolio GER & NL team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for the management of commercial matters, contractual obligations, stakeholder relations, financial performance reporting, and ensuring compliance with local requirements. You’ll primarily focus on the German projects under construction, i.e., Borkum Riffgrund 3 and Gode Wind 3 offshore wind projects, where you’ll be a core member of the execution team, complemented by cross-portfolio topics, to stimulate a steep learning curve and develop all-round knowledge.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing commercial topics within the German construction projects
- acting as the key interface for our Corporate Power Purchase Agreement (CPPAs) and Joint Venture (JV) partners
- using value-driven principles to analyse and manage opportunities to optimise the asset business case, with a focus on revenue optimisation and identifying risks and mitigation measures
- interacting with internal stakeholders on complex technical, financial, regulatory, and commercial topics, as well as external stakeholders within the regulatory environment
- establishing and managing reporting towards our CPPA, JV partners, and regulators
- supporting the project management of cross-portfolio optimisation activities.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a completed degree in Business, Economics, Law, or similar
- have some demonstrable and relevant commercial experience and insight, ideally complemented by several years of sector-specific experience from offshore wind or utilities
- have an interest in understanding the financial, operational, and technical aspects of developing, constructing, and operating an offshore wind farm
- have a strong analytical approach, enabling you to handle a range of complex tasks quickly
- enjoy working in an international matrix organisation
- speak and write English and German fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application in English to us no later than 31 May 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and, in this position, you’ll be working in an office-based set-up.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll attend internal team meetings mainly in Denmark, as well as external meetings in Germany and other company locations in Central Europe.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.