Engineering and construction
Lead Geotechnical Engineer
Imagine a future where you’re involved in complex offshore geotechnical engineering challenges for the development of offshore wind farms on a global scale
Join us in this role where you’ll be pushing the boundaries of offshore geotechnics. You’ll be responsible for providing senior geotechnical support to our offshore wind projects as well as engaging with key stakeholders and regulatory bodies across the Asia-Pacific region. You’ll use your experience within offshore geotechnics to combine technical and commercial knowledge and help strengthen the competences within the team.
Welcome to GEO
You’ll be part of Geotechnical Site Assessment APAC where you, together with your colleagues, will be working in close collaboration with many talented people from around the world who are passionate about offshore geotechnics and enjoy working together as a team. We offer exciting opportunities for you to apply your strong skills in soil mechanics and site characterisation to help develop some of the world’s largest offshore wind farms. Furthermore, you’ll be able to push developments within applied offshore geotechnics forward.
You’ll play an important role in:
- continuously engaging with our many stakeholders and local supply chains to ensure fit-for-purpose site characterisations for the various facilities at site
- engaging with project development teams and other relevant stakeholders to ensure geotechnical site investigation solutions implemented for projects are fit for purpose
- establishing and maintaining strong collaboration across various engineering disciplines within the company for integrated solutions
- engaging with the Senior Lead and chief specialists to ensure alignment of geotechnical deliverables with the overall company strategy
- providing senior geotechnical support to your colleagues working on offshore wind projects across the APAC region.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have significant experience in geotechnical offshore site characterisation, including scoping, analyses, and interpretation of in situ and laboratory testing and results
- have very strong communication skills and speak and write English fluently
- have a master’s or PhD degree in geotechnical engineering or equivalent
- have a results-oriented approach to your work and show initiative and drive to ensure that things you are responsible for are moving forward
- have experience engaging with local offshore investigation supply chains and developing site investigation strategies.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 10 July 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Amin Aghakouchak, Head of Geotechnical Site Assessment APA, on (United Kingdom +44) 7899040769 if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.