Engineering and construction
Project manager for design load software development package
Imagine a future where your competences are key in enabling a robust software tool chain supporting the execution of design for offshore wind turbine foundations
Join us in this role where you’ll be the project manager of our internally developed software tool chain, namely our turbine response and design load analysis tools. You’ll be working in close collaboration with designers, numerical specialists, and IT software developers to ensure that user demands are accommodated while being compliant for the overall direction and strategy of the tools package. You’ll be key in ensuring that our tools package is fit for future, by which you’ll have an active role in shaping the strategy
Welcome to Structures & Loads
You’ll be part of the newly established Tool Development team where you, together with your colleagues, will push development, maturation and maintenance of our internally developed design tools while continuously ensuring the applicability of what is developed to foundation design process and user-friendliness requirements. We offer a unique opportunity to work with industry leaders within offshore wind turbine foundation design, load, and structural calculations. You’ll work in a global organisation with a wide range of stakeholders, allowing you to gain a holistic understanding of the business.
You’ll play an important role in:
- facilitating and driving development of product roadmap, strategy, and vision
- being responsible for driving the development of a portfolio of 5+ engineering loads tools
- being responsible for stakeholder management, incl. SMEs, other POs, area manager, interface towards IT
- being the main interface to and from the team, supporting the development team with requests, being a clear point of contact for the rest of the organisation
- planning and budgeting, incl. facilitating PI planning together with operating and maintaining the backlog of features
- being responsible for development directions alignment, consistency, and integration between all tools within the loads umbrella.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are structured, curious, outgoing, proactive, and engaging in your approach to problem solving, and enjoy knowledge sharing and sparring with colleagues
- preferably have hands-on experience with aero-elastic models and design load calculations, applied metocean conditions and hydro-/aerodynamics
- are familiar with commonly used working methods, such as SAFe Agile framework PI planning’s, scrum methodology, etc.
- have a relevant engineering degree, MSc, Structural or Mechanical, ideally with focus on wind turbine technology and design load estimation for offshore structures and preferably some years of experience within programming and software development combined with project or product management experience
- will contribute to shaping a vision and strategy for the tools package and, especially, being able to communicate said strategy to stakeholders effectively.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 1 August 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Lucas Marion, Lead Specialist, on (Denmark +45) 99554972 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in an office set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.