Finance and controlling
Financial Accountant / R2R Expert
Imagine a future where you’re part of the Financial Accounting team, ensuring excellent financial reporting and mitigating risk within Markets in commodity trades
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for a broad set of financial accounting and reporting processes. On one side, it’ll be delivering on our standard accounting products, namely Group’s month-end closing process, balance sheet reconciliations, statutory accounts, as well as for performing internal controls. On the other, you’ll play a supporting analytical role in the reconciliation of our trading positions between two reporting systems to identify issues such as incorrect pricing and missing trades.
Welcome to Financial Accounting & Controlling (FAC)
You’ll be part of the Nordic team within the Financial Accounting department where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for delivering standardised, high-quality, and timely accounting and reporting products within FAC. We provide a global financial support to the business and the wider Financial Accounting department consists of c. 40 people, based in eight locations across Europe, North America, and Asia.
You’ll play an important role in:
- delivering on other local reporting requirements, e.g., National Bank and National Statistics
- preparing appropriate financial journals and reconciling your entities’ accounts
- preparing statutory financial statements in accordance with predominately Danish GAAP accounting standards and providing high-quality audit documentation
- reporting on a number of legal entities for group reporting purposes
- reconciling complex trades within gas, power, and other portfolios supported by clear documentation, suitable for audit purposes, and work alongside internal stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an analytical and logical approach to issues, as well as the ability to critically handle information you receive
- have relevant experience working in a dynamic finance department, preferably in an international company and have worked with finance IT systems, with SAP experience being preferable
- are results-oriented and set visible and relevant goals for your tasks
- have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, controlling, finance, or similar
- speak and write English at an academic level, can communicate clearly in writing, and excel at communicating financial issues in a readily understandable language.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 June 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Ben McVeagh-Holness, Senior Manager, on +447584521987, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and, in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.