Senior Contract Manager
Imagine a future where you optimize supplier contractual relations to create a diverse and inclusive world that runs entirely on green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll be supporting the Skipjack Project by working with suppliers to develop the construction and ramp-up of new Maryland manufacturing facilities. You’ll manage the proper handling of contracts and claims, holding responsibility for preparing and conducting supplier negotiations.
Welcome to NA Procurement
You’ll be part of a growing and diverse US team of more than 15 colleagues which prides itself on inclusivity where you, together with your colleagues, will oversee transitioning vendors from sourcing to contract management, as well as track and negotiate changes to contracts with important suppliers.
You’ll play an important role in:
- ensuring that procurement and contractual targets are met, building support, and making recommendations for the best commercial decisions
- providing guidance as a subject-matter expert for other colleagues in sourcing and contract management
- ensuring that there is a contractual alignment between business and project objectives
- collaborating with global colleagues in the UK, EU, and APAC to identify and achieve synergies across projects, coordinating with a multidisciplinary project team
- managing contracts to carry out construction and manufacturing production activities.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree in business or a related field, and have at least five years of experience in procurement and/or contract management related roles
- have proven negotiation skills, enabling you to communicate professionally with key business partners, while maintaining contractual and business objectives
- are a team player and are able to deliver excellent results in a rapidly changing environment and thrive in an international environment, creating good relationships with stakeholders
- thrive on working to facilitate communication, balancing competing and dynamic priorities alongside colleagues and various stakeholders, both internal and external
- demonstrate the capacity to identify and recommend process improvement opportunities
- have experience working in a structured and matrixed environment, complying with relevant policies, regulations, and best practices.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than June 10, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and, in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.