Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Senior Public Affairs Advisor - Scotland
Imagine a future where you work with key political and policy stakeholders to strengthen our position and advocate for a future powered by renewable energy
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of the Public Affairs team that sits within the Regulatory and External Affairs team. In collaboration with your colleagues, you’ll work with our key stakeholders in Scotland to advocate on our organisation’s behalf and to advise business and project teams on opportunities and challenges to our business in the UK.
Welcome to Regulatory and External Affairs for Ørsted Region UK
You’ll be part of our Public Affairs team reporting to the Head of Public Affairs. Our team works collaboratively to support the business and projects on all matters relating to regulation and policy and stakeholders. You’ll be the representative of our team in Scotland, based in our rapidly expanding Edinburgh office, and you’ll be surrounded by friendly and supportive colleagues. We cover a lot of different topics and challenges, and no day is the same. You must be a self-starter to represent our organisation in Scotland but working closely with others is key to succeeding in the role.
You’ll play an important role in:
- analysing Government policies and developing our advocacy positions on offshore wind, onshore wind, hydrogen, supply chain, corporate affairs, and other policy areas
- working with our Joint Venture partners in Scotland
- identifying opportunities to raise awareness of the Group, its projects, and to extend external influence to maximise impact on stakeholders
- coordinating with the media and branding team on external campaigns and key messages
- building relationships and partnerships to influence and inform external stakeholders including Government Officials, Ministers, Members of Parliament and Trade Associations.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience with developing and managing stakeholder interactions
- have experience working cooperatively across a large organisation
- have been educated to degree level and have experience of working in a public affair, policy, or parliamentary role, or have other relevant experience
- have a good understanding of the political or energy policy landscape in Scotland and in the UK
- can work independently, with a strong sense of when it is important to seek clarification and advice from your colleagues
- are a clear and concise communicator with strong presentation skills.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 3 July 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact contact Richard Crossick, Public Affairs Manager, on +44 7825 522771 on Mondays to Fridays from 09:00-17:00 GMT; GMT Standard Time, if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace and, in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (home and office) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.