Sales and energy trading
Senior Short-Term Trader
Imagine a future where you optimise the way we bring power from the world’s largest offshore wind portfolio into the market
Join us in this role where you’ll become our short-term trader in Market Operations and be responsible for trading and balancing the power production from our extensive offshore wind portfolio, developing the future way of trading. You’ll be responsible for keeping up with the constant changing future challenges by contributing to the development of trading strategies and bringing the operation into a more digital era.
Welcome to Power Portfolio
You’ll be part of Market Operations where you, together with your colleagues, will provide the route to market strategies for clean energy coming from the Group’s assets, as well as external customers. You’ll be working in a team of 20 bright and honest colleagues, where you’ll maintain and build good relationships with partners and customers.
You’ll play an important role in:
- trading on the day ahead and intraday markets to balance our power positions in North-western Europe
- engaging and taking own initiatives with the rest of the team in improving our operational and analytical setup through participation in development projects and tasks
- participating in the 24/7 duty roster, covering 365 days a year.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree or plan to graduate soon within economics, science, engineering, or similar, combined with a sound understanding of financial products and logical reasoning
- can take the initiative, make decisions, and act based on market development or asset events
- stay calm in hectic situations and alert in calm situations
- have an interest in acquiring in-depth knowledge of the European power market
- are a team player and are willing to go the extra mile when needed to support your colleagues.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 15 August 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Michael Blomsterberg, Head of Market Operations, on (Denmark +45) 99559465, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in an office-based set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.